Q & A with Eric


Rob had an opportunity to sit down with one of our speakers, Eric Newton, and to ask him a few questions about the conference.

121: Why are you involved in youth work?

Eric: The Lord has providentially given me opportunities to work with young people in educational settings and has used those opportunities to create a burden that young people not waste their lives on temporal matters. I was blessed to grow up in a godly Christian home but failed to recognize Christ's lordship over my life and failed to make the most of the means of grace God granted me. Consequently, I believe the Lord has called me to minister to young people and hopefully to be a channel that directs their attention to our good and sovereign Lord through His Word.

121: How did God work in your life while you were in high school?

Eric: I actually doubted my salvation for most of my teenage years and did not humble myself and trust in Christ alone until I was seventeen. I had essentially lived to be seen as righteous in man's eyes. When God graciously saved me, He gave me a hunger for His Word that I had never had before.

121: What excites you about the 121 conference?

Eric: Many things, one of them being the opportunity to serve alongside three very good friends whom God has used to shape my thinking and direct my focus to Christ. I am looking forward to being under the influence of their ministry because I know their passion for God's glory runs deeper than merely being able to speak about it publicly. I would also say that the conference theme could not be more appropriate for young people. Our daily decisions must be governed by the fact that God exists for His own glory and employs that glory for the benefit of those who trust Him.

No comments: